During the fall season, which runs from late August through early November, players practice twice per week in Goffstown and play one game per weekend on average. The distance involved in playing away games varies. Typically, GUSC Travel teams play in the Manchester/Merrimack/Salem area, however some games take place in Belmont, New London, or Keene. Teams may have opportunities to participate in tournaments before and during the season, which usually involve several games over a weekend. U12 and above teams have the ability to compete in the post-season playoffs if they qualify. GUSC Travel teams play games against other teams in the New Hampshire Soccer League. The spring season runs from late April through the end of June and the same parameters apply with regard to practices and games as during the fall.
Tryouts occur for the upcoming Fall season in the Spring (May or June) and then again for the Spring season in the Fall (late November). Off season opportunities may be organized by team.
Fall Tryout information
- What to Bring: Proper clothing (no GUSC attire), cleats, shin guards, water bottle, and soccer ball. If your child is interested in playing soccer this spring, they should plan to attend tryouts, children ages 6 (born 2012) through 15 (born 2005) from any town are welcome to tryout.
- Preregister for tryouts: https://www.gotsport.com/asp/application/reg/?ProgramID=85280
- Our Spring Season runs mid/late April through late June
The travel age guidelines are as follows for the Fall 2020 season and are determined by player birth year:
U8 players born in 2014 or 2013
U9 players born in 2012
U10 players born in 2011
U11 players born in 2010
U12 players born in 2009
U13 players born in 2008
U14 players born in 2007
U15 players born in 2006
General Tryout information
Each Spring, Goffstown United SC hosts tryouts for the upcoming fall season. There will be two days of tryouts lasting roughly 1.5 hours each day, with dates and times posted on our website in early spring. Players are strongly encouraged to attend both days of tryouts if they wish to have the best chance of making a team.
- Day 1: All players will arrive ready to play, check in at the registration table, receive a number to pin to their shorts, and then head down to the field with the sign indicating their birth year. Due to US Youth Soccer changes, ALL players are required to tryout for their birth year, regardless of where they played the past season.
- Day 2: All players will check back in at the registration table to verify where they should tryout. Most players will tryout at the same location, however if there were groups with inadequate numbers to form a team, those players will have the ability to tryout for the team above and play up.
All players need to arrive to tryouts dressed and ready to play. This includes wearing proper clothing, cleats, shin guards, water bottle, soccer ball, and a "ready to play" attitude. No player may wear Goffstown United SC or Tri-Town Travel uniforms or attire to tryouts.
Goffstown United SC is now hosting separate tryouts for the spring season. This tryout session will take place in November, and will be one day during the weekend for approximately 2 hours. Specific date, time, and location information will be posted on our website towards the end of the fall season. The same general info and guidelines for our fall tryouts will also apply to spring tryouts. Please see Spring tab for information for spring tryouts.
Registration fees by age:
- U8: $140
- U9: $155
- U10: $160
- U11: $165
- U12: $175
- U13: $180
- U14: $185
- U15: $190
Cost of the uniform is not included in the registration fee. All new players are required to purchase a maroon jersey, white jersey, shorts, and socks. The base uniform kit of home uniform (grey jersey, grey socks and black shorts) and away uniform (maroon jersey, maroon socks) is needed by each player. Optional items such as jackets, sweatshirts, warm-up pants, backpacks, etc. are also available for purchase.
If you have multiple children playing with Goffstown United SC, each additional child receives a $10 sibling discount and will be applied during registration.